11.13.2016

.goodbye Martha


I loved the amazing trip I went on with Martha and M. When I was looking at types of camper vans, I had leaned toward the "Shabby Chic" vans. The "instagram" vans, with beds in the back and cute little lights hanging around the door. The crisp white cupboards and modern patterned seat cushions add such a "home-y, cozy" atmosphere to the van life.

Martha was far from the picture I had in my mind, but there was potential to renovate the interior to be what I had dreamed of. That potential unfortunately would be a lot of work, it would mean painting the cupboards, removing the flooring and installing an A/C unit. The cost of renovating quickly was beginning to pile up. I could envision what I wanted the interior to look like, but it would take a lot of time and hard work. With my work schedule lately I don't have a lot of time at home, and I certainly don't want to spend that time at home doing hard work!

So I began looking for a camper van that closer matched my vision, and I found one!! --more on that later---- I put a deposit down on the new van and immediately listed Martha for sale.


\



A few things I learned about camper van's that I had wished I knew before hand.

-Storage space is important. As you can see there is not a lot for cupboard space below the sinks. There is above the sink but it was very limited due to the curved roof of the van.

-Air conditioning is extremely important.

-Internal space makes it much easier for two people to move around the van. It's hard to see in the picture above, but there isn't much space between the table and the sink. This makes it especially difficult if one person is by the bathroom and the other is by the sink and they want to switch places.

And most importantly, having a fridge that works.

So long Martha and thank you for the great memories!! (Sorry I broke your microwave plate and lost your fridge access cover)

Martha has finally been sold to a lovely couple from Calgary; my fleet has been reduced to one camper van!

Enjoy these outtakes from our "goodbye Martha" photo shoot!










No comments:

Post a Comment