1.09.2017

.take off .12.03.16.

The day we left on our cruise was fairly busy. Mom, Dad, M and J came into the city earlier in the day to drop off Tia and Mia with Grandma M.


  
While I was still at work Dad called me and asked me to go get a "Kuny Sack" from his office, he wanted a second one to carry the hydroflasks in. 



Although useful, these kuny sacks are ugly, and lets face it, they aren't blog material. Dad didn't agree with my opinion of the bag whatsoever, in fact he was quite offended when I told them they were ugly.


I had to make special arrangements to leave work on a Saturday, so unfortunately by the time I got to the city Grandma M and my girls had already gone home. The next few hours before catching the flight were spent packing and repacking suitcases. You'd think with a years notice for this trip I would be more prepared, but here I was a few hours before my flight, shopping around for a suitcase. I started to run short on time so I decided to just use a duffel bag. Dad was unimpressed with this choice. He complained constantly about my bag not having wheels.


Finally we were at the airport and ready to board our red eye flight to Toronto.








I tossed on my eye-bra, the neck pillow and wrapped myself in a blanket. I took a "help me sleep" pill and passed out before the plane took off! According to my family, and my fitbit, I didn't move once! Not even when Jaydon crawled over me to walk around the plane.





Everyone else didn't sleep at all on the plane, by time we made it to Toronto they were exhausted. We picked a spot near our gate and they quickly all settled into their personal nests.




M curled up on the ground and quickly passed out. 



J crawled under dad's bench and passed out face down in the neck pillow. 





Finally we got to board our plane to PUERTO RICO!! We were all so excited! 5 short hours and we would be in the beautiful caribbean sunshine!



Mom and I took a "help me sleep" pill so we would be well rested when we landed in Puerto Rico. Unfortunately there was a problem with the plane and we had to get off and wait a few hours for a new plane.

We made our way to our new gate where everyone quickly fell asleep again. I was wide awake so I enjoyed my time laughing at the ridiculous ways everyone was sleeping, and of course taking advantage of their helplessness by taking pictures of them.














For obvious reasons, we were refereed to as "The Sleeping Family". Finally we got a new plane and were on our way to the Caribbean!



No comments:

Post a Comment