10.17.2016

.martha trip part 1 .08.17.16.


Once Martha was registered and legal to drive we packed up and headed to Fort Steele! My absolute favorite heritage town. We return almost every year to watch the actors preform their humorous skits. My personal favorite part of Fort Steele is the "olden days atmosphere"

One thing most of you probably don't know about me, I love the Little House on the Praire books. When I read them it takes me back to a simpler time, one it reminds me of when I was a small girl reading these books, and two it shows me that people can be happy with less. Sometimes it feels like I have to keep getting better and better, there's a crushing feeling to always have more and be something more than I am. Reading the books about the simple praire life really helps me to feel grounded and appreciate all that I have in my life.

ANYWAYS, the actors in Fort Steele this year are absolutely amazing! M and I unfortunately missed the first few skits because we got stuck in traffic.

The day was full of laughter, beautiful warm sunshine and a nice warm breeze. Perfect day!

My personal highlight of the day was the play! They had a recurring theme of "That's the life for me" with a catchy tune to go along with it! I really like that because the play was all about following your dreams, which is what I was trying to do. It was quite poetic. ​

Tia and Mia didn't care about the skits ​(which you can hear in the background) they cared more about rolling around in the grass. So we let them and watched the skit from a far, afterall I want them to be happy too! And if rolling in the grass makes them happy then so be it!

After the skits were all done we grabbed an ice cream cone and headed back to our campsite! Not without taking some selfies with the van though!

We learned a very valuable lesson this day, that being A/C is a very important feature in an RV when you're going through BC in August! It was 40 degrees in the van after sitting in the sun all day. Luckily we had chosen to keep the A/C unit the previous owner had included with the van (despite how combersom it was) 


In an effort to cool down we went for a dip in the pool, it was nice at first but after getting a few dead flys in the mouth we decided a nice cool shower was a better way to cool down! By that time the A/C had cooled the van down significantly! We crawled into bed and fell asleep watching a movie! 
Around 3 am Tia and Mia started to bark and growl, which then turned to whining. I was so disoriented until I realized it was my family creeping around outside! M and I had called them the day before raving about how awesome the actors/skits were this year. My mom being a huge lover of Fort Steele packed up and drove straight there! Dad and J slept in the car while T slept on a cot outside of the van, mom got to sleep on the table while M and I were nice and tucked in our bed above the cab! 

No comments:

Post a Comment